Thursday, 31 October 2013

October Wrap-Up

I made four garments this month. They're all teddy bear sized, but skirt is a skirt, no matter how big or small! I'm proud of my work in the sewing cave this month. Did I complete all my goals? No. But I did learn a lot along the way.

I did the Understanding Interfacings class, and I completed both sample projects. I also took the Underlining class, and again completed both sample projects. While my daughter's teddy bear is now the best dressed on the block, my skills have definitely improved and I'm sure the garments on my to-do list will benefit.

I know October has come to an end, and I have not yet completed my October garment for SarahLiz's Make a Garment a Month Challenge but it is definitely looking like a skirt. I have chosen a dark brown stretch linen from stash, but had to purchase a stretch cotton for the underlining fabric. I'm using my Sure-Fit Designs Dress Kit with the pencil skirt downloadable instructions. As you can see, I'm half way through the basting process.
 
Hopefully I can get stuck in tonight and finish in time for Sarah's October wrap-up.
 
It's been a busy month in our house (Aren't they all?) so I haven't had a chance to politely ask my husband to take photos of me wearing my September tops. Maybe I'll get to share them next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment