Monday, 30 September 2013

September Wrap-Up

I thought I had set some very achievable goals this month. I have been sewing up a storm, but have managed to get side-tracked and have not met the September deadlines.

1. Mini-Wardrobe competition.
The goal was to sew 4 items (2 tops and 2 bottoms) and enter them in the Pattern Review competition. I did sew 4 items, but they were 3 tops and a dress. I took a lot of time making the Blue V-neck tee as I was trying out some new techniques, but I'm not sure this one's really "me", so after the peach top, I decided to make an empire top from my now TNT dress pattern. And while I had that pattern out, why not make another dress? I knew those would fit, and I had a holiday looming!

So I still haven't entered a sewing competition.















2. Scary September.
My personal challenge for BeaJay's scary sew-along was to enter my first sewing competition with garments that included very scary zippers. Well, as you can see, none of my work contains zippers and the garments I have made do not satisfy the competition rules.


BeaJay - please forgive me! If you allow September to merge into October, just slightly, I will get to those zips, I promise!


One of my other goals was to engage more in Blog Land, and through Scary September I have discovered more sewists who love to share their work and encourage others who do the same. It has been quite fascinating to see what others find challenging and how they have worked through their fears.


Thank you to all who have stopped by this blog, especially those who have been kind enough to comment or add me to your reading list. It's lovely to be a part of such a supportive community.



3 comments:

  1. Hello Leonie - it is so easy to get sidetracked :). I take my hat off to anyone who even contemplated the mini wardrobe challenge on PR. I would finish the September top -not that I can speak for BeaJay! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing so well with your goals especially with a young family too! I have no excuses I did not get my mini-wardrobe done either but at least we had a go and got more pieces done. I am very impressed with your fitting skills and tutu/costume sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent completed my scary september, so you are not alone.

    ReplyDelete