Saturday, 31 August 2013

September Goals

Today is a perfect day for the start of Spring! Not a day for the sewing cave. It's going to be a busy month.

I'm going to enter the Mini-Wardrobe competition on Pattern Review.
This means I need to complete 4 items, review them and enter a composite review for the comp. I'll be further exploring my Sure-Fit Designs kits for this. My plan is:
1. Sleeveless V-neck  top reusing a light blue slinky knit from a disastrous attempt at a maternity top over 10 years ago. Why did I keep it? Glad I did! I'll bind the neckline and armholes with an ivory slinky using a technique I learnt in my latest Craftsy class.
2. Tee shirt using an apricot slinky. Round neck, possible with bust darts rotated to gathers - haven't done that before.
3. Denim skirt with faced waist and zip.
4. Linen shorts (maybe full length pants) using my new SFD Pants Kit. Maybe try an invisible zip in these.
I have absolutely no spring clothes due to my recent weight loss, so the pressure really is on!


I'm also participating in Scary September where BeaJay is encouraging us to step out of our comfort zone and try something we've been avoiding. For me, that's inserting zippers. I've also never entered a sewing competition before. I've planned, and got involved in the chat on the boards, but not actually finished a garment and entered it. Now I need to do that 4 times over!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we are both going to be busy this month, good luck

    ReplyDelete