Friday, 31 May 2013

May Wrap-up

May just flew by! I have been a very busy sewist. How did I go with my goals for this month?

1. Finish DDs tutu.
Did I do it? Yes!!!!! She danced on stage about 8 hours after I made the arm bands! It's not perfect and still needs a bit of tweaking, but I am very proud of myself.

2. Update my blog regularly.
Did I do it? Mostly! I have blogged some things, but have more to do to be up-to-date.

3. Sew 2 garments for myself.
Did I do it? Yes! I made a long sleeved V-neck J. Stern Designs tee and sweater from an old Burda pattern (3097 - now out of print). I love the tee, but the sweater will be an "around the house" kind of thing.

4. Lose weight
Not this month. :(

I also received my Sure-Fit Designs Dress Kit this month and am making my "body blueprint". It's exciting to be sewing with a pattern made for my body. Hopefully it will make my garment sewing much more satisfying, and I can spend more time sewing than doing pattern work. Fingers crossed!

I almost forgot to mention the 2 pairs of velvety pants I made from Kwik Sew 3498 and the NeoClassical costume I have almost finished from combining the leotard of Kwik Sew 3774 with the skirt of Kwik Sew 2733.

No comments:

Post a Comment