Thursday, 28 February 2013

February Wrap-up

So my first month as a blogger has come to and end. How did I go? I set some goals for the month. They were pretty achievable, well, I thought so at the time. Let's look at them one by one.

1: Finish tutu
Did I do it? No. Not one little bit, though the box containing all that tulle is now in the same room as the sewing machine.

2. Sew 2 tees for me
Did I do it? No. Fabric still safely nestled in stash. Current tees looking raggier after each wash.

3. Review January's books
Did I do it? YES!!!!!!! Did I read anything in February? No.

4. Lose 4 kg
Did I do it? YES!!!!!! My clothes are getting baggy. Need new ones, soon......

5.Complete my goals and do The Challenge
Well, 2 out of 5 is not the greatest start, but it could have been worse. I am very pleased with number 4.

So what did I do all month?
I have spent much more time than I thought possible checking out other people's blogs. It's so much fun looking at everyone else's achievements as well as what folks do with their blogs, how they set them out and show their personalities.
It's also the first month back at school, so I have been hounding kids to do their homework, taking them to all their after school activities, and then collapsing in front of the TV at night.
Also, I have to confess I'm a master procrastinator. It's a habit I have cultivated since childhood. So, even though DD needs a tutu, all fitted and decorated by the end of March, I have been playing word games on my phone, and even downloaded Angry Birds, knowing full well how time consuming that game can be.
Is there hope for me? Well, yes there is. A good dose of adrenalin will kick in shortly and mild panic, too. That will get the tutu happening, and then hopefully I'll be on a roll. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment