Thursday, 14 February 2013

Book Review - The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkein

What a book to start off the year! It's been 25 years since I last read The Hobbit and I was wondering if I would still love it. I also wanted to read it again before I saw the new movie and needed to get all the fabulous Lord of the Rings movies out of my mind so I could enjoy this story on its own.
I'm so glad I did! I had forgotten quite a lot of this lovely tale.

I remembered the trolls and the spiders, the eagles and of course Smaug, but reading about their visit with Beorn was as if I was reading it for the very first time.

Re-reading The Hobbit was a lovely preparation for watching the movie, and even though I spent a little time in the theatre saying to myself "that's different" I thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I have to wait a whole year for the next installment!


No comments:

Post a Comment